I’m totally hooked onto Quinoa and while the obsession continues, I’ve been looking at something exciting than my usual Quinoa salad.
Most Monday’s are “Meatless Monday’s” at home and everyone is fairly ok with this.Last week I ditched the usual Quinoa salad and decided to give quinoa a face lift.Well then the boiled Quinoa went along with some mashed potatoes and chopped parsley…And this is what we had.
These patties are an interesting twist to the traditional Indian Aloo Tikki (shallow fried potato cakes) with an added variation of crumbled feta as a stuffing. The quinoa gives the cakes a wonderful hearty texture as well.
This fabulous vegetarian dish could be served as an appetizer, a side or even part of a main meal accompanied with a. Do bring it to your dinner table the next time around and I’m sure it will please even the most staunch carnivorous dinner guests.
• 3 medium potatoes (boiled & mashed)
• 1 cup cooked quinoa
• 1 small red onion (finely chopped)
• ¼ cup chopped parsley
• ½ teaspoon red chili powder
• Salt and pepper to taste
• ½ teaspoon corn flour
• 50-80 grams crumbled feta cheese
• Oil to shallow fry the cakes
1. Mash the boiled potatoes well and add the cooked Quinoa to the mix.
2. Next add in the chopped onions and parsley and mix well.
3. Now mix in the chilli powder, salt & pepper and the corn flour and knead till all the ingredients are well combined.
4. Take a small amount of the mixture and make a hollow in the center and add a small amount of the feta in there.
5. Fold the sides over and re shape into round flat patties/cakes and shallow fry.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.