Move over Pine nuts and Basil as fresh coriander and toasted walnuts blend together to make this wonderful and easy Pesto.This is an absolutely delightful treat in my kitchen.Heart healthy pesto has a variety of uses. Toss it into your favorite pastas, slather some on your morning toast,drizzle some over a salad and even use it as a marinade over some chicken or fish.
Here is just about the easiest way of making a fabulous Pesto.
- 2 cups fresh coriander leaves (stalks removed and chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 50 grams walnuts (lightly toasted)
- 1/3 cup (35 grams) fine Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped basil (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
1.Lightly toast the walnuts on a pan.
2.Now combine the Coriander leaves Parmesan,Walnuts,Garlic and grind in a food processor.
3.Gradually keep pouring the Olive oil in a steady stream.
4.Season with salt and pepper and add in the lemon juice.
5.Transfer to an air tight container and add a little more olive oil.
6.Consume with a week. Best if refrigerated.
Some of my favorite Recipes that call for Coriander Pesto:
- Boiled Fusilli or Penne tossed in some olive oil and minced garlic.With a couple of tablespoons of Coriander Pesto. Garnished with Parmesan shavings and pepper.
- Roasted baby potatoes tossed with some Coriander basil, mixed with arugula leaves and with an olive and balsamic vinegar dressing.( Served warm)
- Ditch the usual pizza sauce and use some of this pesto as your base.
- Use as a sandwich spread or in a Panini.
- Marinate either Chicken of Fish with Pesto,Olive oil, salt and pepper.Perfect for grilling.