Monday morning’s leave me somewhat overwhelmed with the fact that the over indulgent weekend just whizzed past with either endless food trial’s in my kitchen, social engagements that are food centric or family lunches that are best spent around a table full of flavours.
My Monday’s are perhaps what Sunday are to most people. I tend to take it easy and wind down after a hectic weekend. It’s the start of my weekly planning of menu’s for home cooked meals or perhaps listing down recipes that I may need to shoot for my YouTube videos ( You may like to take a peek into the recipes I do here) or even prepping up for an exciting new blog post.That’s pretty much been my morning today.I also like to go easy on my own lunch and prefer to a light and easy meal.It’s a great way to detox and load up on some healthy goodness .All though I’m quite the cautious eater and constantly monitor my calorie’s,it’s the weekend’s where I do indulge and loose track,almost as though “Calories don’t count on Weekend’s“
This afternoon’s lunch is a bowl full of Green Goodness as I like to call it.It’s a delicious Pea & Potato Soup with a hint of some Rosemary and garnished with some crumbled Feta and fresh tomatoes for a burst of freshness.I’ve added some yogurt into the soup to give it a thicker consistency and a dash of tartness that I was looking for.The Olive oil too does wonder’s to the palette.I prefer to enjoy a warm bowl of soup,however you may even serve this cold if you wish.Paired with a garden fresh salad and some lovely warm fresh bread would just make it the perfect accompaniment.
Pea & Potato Soup
- 200 grams (frozen peas thawed)
- 1 large Potato (cubed)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 2-3 pods garlic (finely chopped)
- 500 ml Chicken or Vegetable stock
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Few Springs of rosemary
- Crumpled feta For garnish
- Chopped Tomatoes for garnish
- 2 tablespoons Yogurt (whisked)
- Saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil for a few minutes.
- Add in the potatoes and cubed potatoes next
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add in the stock and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes till the peas and potatoes have cooked.
- Cool and mix well in a blender.
- Add more water to get desired consistency.
- Whisk in the Yogurt.
- Add salt and pepper and garnish with the crumbled feta and chopped tomatoes.
Serve hot with garlic bread and a garden salad