Spaghetti Bolognese is quite easily another favourite with the family. The trick to make this into a quick fix meal is to prep up the meat sauce ahead of time. I usually make a large batch and freeze this for a week or so. This way the assembly of the sauce and the boiled spag is another “Meal in less than 30 minutes”. The meat sauce has really simple ingredients and while you may choose using ground pork or beef, I’ve used some minced goat meat.
This hearty sauce is made with fresh tomatoes, onions, lots of garlic, carrots and oregano.I like to keep the Bolognese fairly thick so that it coats the spaghetti well. You may use the same sauce with any other variety Pastas or even a Lasagne.While some recipes call for use of some red wine.I’ve skipped this and instead added some balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to make the sauce a tad bit tart and it enhance the colour too.
Well, go ahead and combine your love for pasta and a quick dinner idea and do give this recipe a go.
This one is sure to give your dinner table a weeknight makeover.
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 carrot (small and chopped finely)
- 5-7 button mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 250 g Goat meat mince (mutton)
- 4 large tomatoes ( blanched and pureed)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- dash of salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese (grated for the garnish)
- Fresh basil or parsley (garnish)
- 250 g Boiled Spaghetti
- Boil the spaghetti for 10 minutes and drain and keep aside.
- Brown the mince in some olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add water and cook till no more raw.
- Add some olive oil to another pan and saute the onions and garlic.
- Add in the finely chopped carrots and cook till done. Add in the mushroom and cook.
- Now add in the pureed tomatoes and some water and simmer till the sauce is fairly thick.
- Add in the balsamic vinegar and the brown sugar.
- Season with chilli flakes,salt and pepper.
- Once the sauce is ready add in the cooked meat and some more water and simmer further for 10 minutes
- Pour over the cooked spaghetti and garnish with grated Parmesan cheese and some fresh parsley.