Summer is here and with the mercury soaring high the last thing cooking in my kitchen is a heavy meal.My mantra for summer is “Light and Easy”.This recipe for stir fried bean sprouts is the perfect solution to a healthy and delicious meal.
I was looking at adding something exciting to Bean sprouts.Bingo…thats when I spotted this lovely tray of bright green and fresh Edamame.
Mmmm…Stir fried Bean sprouts and some eye-catching Edamame was my lunch today.Edamame commonly know as soybean are great just steamed and salted.A great snack while watching those calories.
Well today they are going in with some bean sprouts,green onions,ginger and garlic to give me a perfectly delicious meal and all in less than a couple of minutes.
I hope you enjoy cooking this stir fry.I had these beans with some Chicken in black bean sauce and along with some jasmine rice.
- 200 grams Chinese bean sprouts(blanched)
- 50 grams Edamame beans
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 thai red chilli(finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon light soya sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Chilli oil paste
- Salt to taste
- Handful of crushed peanuts
- Garnish with chopped coriander
- Blanch the bean sprouts in hot water for about a minute.
- Steam the edamame beans till tender.
- Heat a wok till its smoking hot.
- Drizzle with some sesame oil.
- Add the ginger,garlic and chopped red chillies and stir fry for a minute.
- Add the bean sprouts and edamame beans.
- Mix the soya sauce and the chilli oil paste and gently stir into the beans.
- Lastly add some and the crushed peanuts.
- Garnish with some chopped coriander.