I’m Shy (Shailaja desai), a Culinary Instructor for Adults, Teens & Kids @ Cookingwithshy,now based in Toronto. I have over 16 years experience of curating Cooking workshops and food consulting between Dubai, Toronto & Mumbai. I have a background in Food Science & Technology and I’m a certified baker.
- My most recent experience,being employed as an adjunct faculty at the Ramanath Payyade College of Hospitality Studies ,as a Head of Bakery operations coordinating practical & theory classes for First & Third year students (Bombay University hospitality curriculum Mumbai) (2014-2019)
- Was also instrumental in setting up Kids Baking workshops Mumbai (2014-2019)
- Collaborated with Masterchef Sanjeev Kapoor’s Khazana by creating digital content for his You tube channel and conducted various cooking and baking workshops in Mumbai (2014-2019)
- Extensive background of conducting Culinary Workshops in Dubai specializing in Indian & Global cuisine, Bread Baking, Desserts, Gluten free Baking and Kids cooking workshops.(Dubai, 2010-2014)
- Recipe Development for food brands and Menu Planning for restaurants. (2010-2014 ,Dubai)
- Freelance food writing for Gulf New (2010-2014 Dubai)
- Consulted part time for Curves Canada, which primarily involved Nutrition, Fitness and weight management solutions. Was trained by Curves International (USA) (Toronto, 2007-2010)
- Successful history of managing a Bakery Franchise (Mrs Fields Cookies) in Canada as hands on owner operator (Toronto, 2004-2007)
- Highly Proficient in Techniques of Baking & Cooking.
- In depth knowledge of Food Preparation and Science.
- Cookingwithshy conducts various Culinary workshops for Adults,Teens & kids. (Virtual Classes)
- Corporate Cook offs and Workshops
- Specialising in Indian, Middle Eastern and International Cuisine.
- These range from Appetizers,Main Courses,Soups & Salads and desserts
- Gluten free Baking and Cooking
- Low Carb and Keto friendly Cooking
- Baking Workshops
- Bread Making
- Eggless Baking and Sugar Free Baking
Most of these workshops are limited in groups of 4-6 people so as to give each participant individual attention. All printed recipes are provided.Individuals get to sample and take away preparation after the class.
Cookingwithshy is now virtual and now my workshops are available via Zoom. Do kindly get in touch with me at the telephone or email address provuded below if you would like me to curate a workshop customised to your needs and requirements.
Please do get in touch with me for any of the following services.
- Recipe and Brand development
- Restaurant Menu Planning
- Recipe brochures and recipes for websites
- Recipe testing and Product reviews
- Freelance Food Writing
- Social media and brand promotion consulting
- Instagram Ads and Sponsored posts
Would love to hear from you.
Shailaja Desai (Shy)
Great Shy! a great attempt! yum yum!
Thanks Neha for stooping by…and of course for all the encouragement:))
Hi Shylaja nice & easy receipes with lovely pics….hope to see sum more sooooon 🙂
Hi Nima…thanks for visiting my blog…yes I’m working on some more wonderful recipes and will post them soon…please do try them out and let me know…happy cooking:))
Hey Shy, Great job with the blog!! Love it:) So happy you found a way to voice your passion!! Keep it up! LOL..P
My dearest Poornima…thanks so much for checking it out.Yes I absolutely love blogging about food….love cooking,writing and ofcourse my new passion Food photography…Cheers…PS:Goodluck with your move:))
What a beautiful blog, photography, food! Dubai, how exotic. I love Thai cooking, yours looks so fresh. I didn’t know green mangos were eatable! Your “scratch” cooking is without pre-packaged mixes, except of course for the Thai sauces, that’s the kind of cooking along with the local ingredients makes food from countries like yours so memorable!
@ Maisonarmoire…Thanks so much for stopping by and your lovely comment…Im glad you liked my blog:))
Love love love your blog Shy!! The food pics are amazing….do you take the photos yourself?? Keep it up!!! xoxo
Hey Anita…Thanks for your lovely comment and for stopping by…Yes food photography is my new passion after cooking ofcourse…hope to be able to post often enough…Pls chk out the fb page as well under the same name:))
Hi Shyzie …surprise and delight us this Ramadan …some rice pudding perhaps 🙂
Sure will do Jd:))
Great blog. Hope to learn a lot from you. Do check mine out too
Thanks very much for stopping by and glad you liked the blog! Yes ofcourse will check yours out as well.. Happy cooking always.
hi foodie loved your blog, hope it helps me too to try new recipes
especially the baking side
keep up the good work
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I do hope you will drop in often and try new recipes from here. Do check and like the fb page http://www.facebook.com/cookingwithshy as I update lots of new recipes there as well…hope to meet you soon :))
Thank you for visiting and following my blog. I’m glad to have discovered yours as well. 🙂
Hi dear Shy i have nominate you do check the link https://lindacreation2016.wordpress.com/2015/07/20/dragons-loyalty-award/
Thanks very much and glad you dropped by:))
Hi Shy – as a fellow curry fan I’m looking forwards to following your blog…..!
Thanks so much Laura and likewise love the recipe collection on your blog:))
Hi Shy, Thanks so much for recently stopping by my blog! It is very nice to meet you. We have a love of cooking in common. Best wishes to you in your cooking and writing!
Thanks very much Shari for the wishes..yes hope to interact more with you over our blog and recipes…All the very best to you as well:))
Hi Shyzie, lovely to meet you. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for the follow. Looking forward to visiting your great blog. Have a wonderful day further 🙂
Thanks so much…and likewise…you have a lovely blog and look forward to interacting in this space…have a great day!!
Wonderful blog! Right up my alley.
Thanks so much for the follow back…look forward to connecting via our blogs and recipes:))
Thanks for stopping by and joining my blog. I hope you enjoy reading the recipes and about my travels as much as I enjoy sharing them with you. Welcome aboard.
Thank you for following my blog. I look forward to reading yours.
Yes its great connect via our blogs and common love for food:))
Thank you for following my blog! I would never have found you. Are you working in India? I see that you once owned a Mrs. Field’s cookie franchise…my husband and I owned a gourmet cupcake business which we set up as a mom and pop for 4 years. We closed in 2015, December after my husband was diagnosed with cancer. We both baked, decorated, etc. and I have a second job as an English Instructor during the fall and winter semesters. He is cancer-free now but returns in July for another exploratory operation. I am enjoying the time off and our time together! Yes, I still love to bake but being on the fringe of a not great area cured me of opening a small business. We had great reviews, and people came from all over but in the end, we just needed more business and healthier lives. Best wishes. Owning a un-established small business is not for the weak of heart. I look forward to reading your blog.
Hi yes…great to connect on this blog space…Mrs Field indeed was a great experience…Lovely to hear about your business all tho sorry to hear you had to close…Pray that all stays well with you and your husband’s health…do stay connected:))
Loved reading about your experience and hearing your story, Shy. “For the love of food” indeed!
Thanks Eartha…do stay connected:))
Lovely blog; look forward to reading many of your posts:)
Your recipes look wonderful! I’m looking forward to your future posts!
Thank you very much…and likewise looking forward to stay connected in this blog space:))
Your recipes look amazing! I look forward to following along!
Thanks you and likewise:))
A great site about food, and more!
Thank you very much:))
Dear Shy, I’ve nominated you for the Sunshine Blogger Award for the reasons outlined in my post. You can see it here: http://earthacooks.com/2016/07/26/sunshine-blogger-award/ 🙂
Just live reading you blog every now n then….. its sooo satisfying!!
Shy would you know of a good dimsum reipe?
Hey Rajji…Thanks so much my dear…Yes will surely share a great dim sum recipe with you soon…Just back from a great trip to Montreal;))
You are amazing Shailaja !! Doing so many things and Inspiring Us. Your work is really impressive 🙂
Thank you for your kind words!
Hi Shy! I’m already getting inspired by recipes on your blog. Can’t wait to read more. 🙂
Thanks so much Alice!!
Hi Shy, thanks for stopping by my blog. Feeling honored that you liked my recipe 🙂
Great to connect:))