I love surprises and especially ones that come beautifully wrapped. So naturally was really excited on receiving a wonderful gift hamper from Worldfoods .Thanks very much Rebecca Gabbai sending this across.
The hamper was an exciting mix of various Asian sauces. Some dipping and some that could be used as stir fry sauces. Browsing through the package I discovered an assortment of:
- Thai Ginger & Lemon Grass Sauce
- Indonesian Sweet Tamarind Sauce
- Chinese Ginger-Garlic –Chili dipping sauce
- Malaysian Chili Coconut Marinade
- Thai Sweet Chili with Kaffir Lime-Dipping & Stir fry sauce
What a delightful variety of flavors, I sure was spoilt for choice that day. I could well imagine using most of these in my kitchen as I do a lot of Asian cooking for the family and of course for the Cooking workshops that I conduct.
A quick look into my refrigerator revealed some Boneless chicken breasts, some gorgeous Thai red chilies for the added kick, tender broccoli stems(they go so well with chicken).So was pretty certain that I could whisk up something delish that evening.
And so came out this jar of Worldfoods Ginger & Lemon Grass Sauce ready to be stirred in with the rest of the ingredients.
Foodie friends may I present this easy and delicious recipe that puts an end to the week night suspense of what to cook? Go ahead and serve it with some fragrant jasmine rice or plain boiled rice and a crunchy Papaya salad.
You sure have a fantastic meal in less than 30 minutes.I cant wait to try out the other sauces.Perhaps the Indonesian Sweet Tamrind Marinade next week…mmm mmm mmmm.Happy Cooking and Bon Appetite!
- 500 grams boneless chicken breasts
- 100 grams Tender Broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon ginger(minced)
- 1 Thai Red Chili (chopped diagonally)
- 1 medium Red onion (chopped lengthwise)
- 1 bottle Worldfoods Thai Ginger & Lemon Grass Stir fry Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- A few fresh lime leaves for garnishing
- Wash the chicken breasts well and pat dry.
- Cut the chicken into small cubes.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the Onion and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Now add the ginger and fry for a minute.
- Add the chicken cubes and fry till the chicken is cooked well and no longer pink.
- Stir in a bottle of the Thai Ginger & Lemon Grass stir fry sauce.
- Cook for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add water if you would like a thinner consistency.
- Garnish with chopped Thai red chilies and fresh lime leaves.
WORLDFOODS Thai Ginger & Lemon Grass Stir Fry Sauce
- A flavorful and vibrant sauce.
- Subtle flavors of both ginger and lemon grass that complement each other and lend a lovely texture to the chicken and broccoli used.
- Mildly spicy.
- Can be used for Chicken, Lamb ,Shrimp & Vegetables
Available at the following supermarkets:
- Carrefour –Mall of the Emirates ,Deira City center ,Ajman & Sharjah
- Geant –Mirdif ,Ibn Battuta & Teacom
- Le Marche- Arabian ranches