It’s March already and as always a time when there’s lots of baking in my kitchen.Spring Fair’s,Birthday’s, Mother’s day and of course Easter baking to be done as well.Had a lovely chat with Mom earlier on today.Just wishing her a Wonderful Mother’s Day.That’s when my son realised he had almost forgotten to wish me.Ofcourse he came around and did so with a great big hug.
Hundreds of dewdrops to greet the dawn,
Hundreds of bees in the purple
Hundreds of butterflies on the lawn,
But only one mother the wide
Today was just one of those days that I was craving some thing chocolate and decadent.Though just not sure what to make.
Now Mom of course loves to ask me the eternal question-“So what did you bake today”? And our chat then centers around exchanging recipes and we can go on for hours with our food banters.Yes,there you go….A huge inspiration for all the foodie mania in my life…My lovely mother.
Well I said just don’t know what to bake as yet! All though I did know that I wanted to write-up a blog post just for her.
In celebration for Mother’s Day –Happy Mother’s day Mama! Here’s to a wonderful mother.
I went about the day with recipes to type out and cooked up some dinner and even thought about what I’d write in the blog with still no clue as to what to bake.It’s been a busy weekend in the kitchen and just wanted something easy yet decadent to put together.
A quick scan around the kitchen and my pantry and minutes later came out a batch of sinful chocolate Brownies.This one is all time favorite with my family and easy to put together.
Brownie lover’s and who isn’t…You are in for a treat.So go ahead and give these a try.
Happy Mother’s Day Mom and all you wonderful mum’s all over.I do hope you are getting spoilt rotten and enjoying your day today and always.
PS: I do have a confession to make: I’m a die-hard chocoholic.How about you? What’s your fav recipe with chocolate? Do drop me a line or two…
- 170 grams Butter
- 125 grams Chocolate chips( plus 50 grams for batter)
- 55 grams Cocoa powder
- 250 grams sugar
- 125 grams plain flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- 90 grams chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Butter a 9″x9″ square baking pan.
- In a double boiler over low heat, melt butter and chocolate chips together and remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- When the chocolate/butter mixture has cooled a little whisk in the eggs and vanilla.
- Note: it is important to cool the chocolate/butter mixture or the eggs will cook.
- Sieve together all the dry ingredients and whisk into the chocolate mixture.
- Stir in the chopped walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.