Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Apple Cinnamon pancakes
Woke up this morning with applesauce and cinnamon on my mind…My sister’s visiting and I thought of making her some pancakes…. .I’ve added some wheat bran which is high in fibre and the cinnamon and apple sauce give it such a wonderful twist….She ofcourse loved them and then my son enyoyed them as well
- 1 1/2 cups All purpose flour
- 1 tablespoons wheat bran (optional)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetned applesauce
- Milk to mix the batter (should not be runny)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Handfull of rasins and walnuts
- Beat the egg till light and fluffy.
- Mix the flour, melted butter, baking powder, sugar and cinnamon powder.
- Add milk till the batter is smooth. Batter should not be too runny.
- Add the applesauce and mix well.
- Brush a pan with some oil and pour the pancake batter
- Cook untill the edges are a little dry and brown on both sides.
- Add some rasins and walnuts after turning over once.
- Dust with icing sugar and drizzle some maple syrup and enjoy