The past few weeks has seen a lot of Thai cooking in my kitchen.Pad Thai.Green and Red curries,Jasmine Rice,Tom Yum soup and the list just goes on.Last night I made some Thai fish cakes(with s fresh white fish and shrimp).I was looking for something fruity and refreshing to accompany the fish cakes.That’s when the mangoes decided to do the Salsa.
Here a mango…There a mango…Everywhere a Tangy mango…We sure are lucky to find this wonderful fruit in all the local supermarkets here in Dubai.Such a variety that too…Kenyan Mangoes,Indian Alphonso,Pakistani,Mangoes from Thailand and Phillipines…True Mango Mania at the moment.
Some variations for this Salsa:
For the ingredients:
- Corn and Red bell peppers
- Avocados and chopped tomatoes
- Chopped green olives and jalapeno peppers
For the Dressing:
- Lime juice,Olive Oil,salt and pepper
- Lime juice,fish sauce,chopped thai red chillies
- Lime juice,sesame oil and seeds
I do hope you will enjoy cooking with mangoes this season.Please do share your favorite way of cooking with Mangoes.Would love to hear about it.
Summer is here,do stay cool and hydrated everbody.Cheers to you all.
- 2 chopped semi ripe mangoes
- 1 red onion(sliced lengthwise)
- 1 small cucumber(finely chopped)
- 1 small green bell pepper(chopped finely)
- 1 small thai red chilli(chopped finely)
- handful of chopped coriander
FOR THE DRESSING:
- Juice of 1 lemon(squeezed)
- 1 teaspoon thai fish sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toss all the ingredients together
- Add the dressing just before serving and Enjoy