On most weeknights I find myself frantically scurrying around the kitchen in order to put a healthy, flavorful yet simple meal on the table. This is especially so when I’ve had a series of cooking workshops through the day and insufficient left over for dinner. I term these as “Fright nights”! Let’s face it we all have these nights.
Well here is a great recipe for Spaghetti And Meatballs,pretty much a fuss free one to put together. I received a coupon from OBE Organic Halal, the Australian Organic meat wholesalers of free range,organic and grass fed export beef.
OBE Organic is 100% owned and operated by Australian organic farmers who are committed to the provision of high quality organic food products and the highest possible standard of food safety for the families of the world.Their meat products are available at Carrefour supermarkets in UAE.The OBE Organic group was founded in the early 1990s by a far-sighted group of Australian pastoral families which are continuing century-old family traditions. Today, OBE Organic is the world’s oldest, largest and most trustworthy producer of healthy and great-tasting organic beef.
I picked up some of the OBE Halal beef cubes and had the butcher mince them for me.The recipe to make these meat balls is fairly simple.I’ve gone ahead and baked mine as they turn out to be a healthier option,you could fry them if you like.Once formed the meatballs freeze well and could be stored upto a month.Well here you go,my “double time” recipe as I like to call it..As its a big hit at the dinner table or right into lunch boxes the next day.
Recipe for Meatballs
- 500 grams lean ground Beef
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg beaten
- Dash of Worchesshire sauce
- In a large bowl combine all the above ingredients and mix well.
- Form the mixture into 10-12 small balls if using immediately else freeze them.
- Pre heat the oven to 200C. Lightly grease a baking tray and lay the meatballs on it.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Turn the meatballs over and bake further for 5-7 minutes or until brown.
For The Sauce:
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 3-4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 6-8 medium tomatoes (chopped roughly)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed chili flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh Basil and cherry tomatoes to garnish.
- Heat a pan and add the olive oil.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Next add in the chopped tomatoes.
- Cook this well or until they don’t look raw anymore. You could add a little water to assist the cooking.
- Season with salt,pepper,oregano and chili flakes.
- Boil the Spaghetti according to package instructions.
- Add the sauce the meatballs and mix well.
- Now add in the Spaghetti to the above sauce.
- Drizzle with Olive Oil and garnish with fresh basil and cherry tomatoes.