Fresh berries are a great addition to any baking.These seriously are the best ever mini cakes that you can bake up anytime.They turn out super moist and delicious as ever. I’ve used some fresh blueberries in this recipe but you may substitute it with some frozen ones if you like.All though do drain out the water from the frozen ones and ensure you sprinkle some flour over the berries.I’ve used a removable bottom cheesecake mold to bake these, else you may even bake them in mini cupcake trays.This is just the perfect light and fluffy mini cake, with a burst of fruity blueberry flavors!Do bookmark this recipe and I’m sure you will make these often!
Best Ever Blueberry Cupcakes
(Makes approx. 6-8)
- 11/2 cups(190 grams) All Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup (150 grams) Sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup(80 ml) Oil
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon wheat bran (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
- Line a muffin tin with the cases.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder.
- Now mix the sugar and salt to the flour.
- Add the oil to a 1 cup measure and add the egg and milk to fill the 1 cup measure.
- Add all the liquid measures to the flour and mix well.
- Lastly add the blueberries and the wheat bran and mix again.
- Pour into the prepared cases and bake for about 20-25 minutes or till done.
Best served with a butter-cream frosting and just as good without it!