Fancy a Coffee with Cats?
Here a Cat there a Cat Everywhere a Kitty Cat!! Now if you are wondering what a Cat’s got to do with a slice of the best ever Carrot cake and a shot of espresso, well then welcome to Mumbai’s first ever Cat Café Studio located in four Bungalows Versova,Mumbai. Feline friends will be delighted to spend a couple hours at this café playing with Cats that are housed in the Enclosed section. The café hosts almost 20-30 species. These cats are usually stray cats taken from the streets ,that now have a home. They have been spayed and neutered and are all up for adoption (for free, provided you meet their requirements, which is being an ardent cat lover of course!!)
While this concept is new to Mumbai, Cat cafes are very popular especially in Japan says the Manager of the café. Apartments in Japan forbid pet ownership, and hence a lot of these cat café’s have sprung up. These café’s enable pet lovers to spend some time with cats and can be very relaxing and enjoyable too.
The studio has a nice Patio for those who may just want to use it as a café and sip a coffee or grab a quick bite. This place is abuzz with teenagers and perhaps a great opportunity for them to volunteer their time at the cafe. Interestingly the Cat cafe studio is an NGO.
- The café serves up some great Coffee’s, Tea cakes, Sandwiches and Wraps.
- Location: 63, Harminder Singh Road, Aram Nagar Part 1, Aram Nagar, Versova, Andheri West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400061
- I had my usual shot of espresso and ordered in a couple of slices of their Carrot cake and a Cinnamon Loaf. Hubs and family had a round of a Cappuccino and Masala chai
- Pocket friendly Menu and prices.
- We paid Rs 1200 for five of us.