Love is just Love…It can never be explained.♥
Ah yes, if it’s a decadent chocolate post mingled with sweet nothing’s and love, it’s got to be that special time of the year. Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and everything seems like looking through rose-tinted glasses.Right from heart-shaped boxes filled with chocolates, red roses,cards professing undying love, special romantic dinner’s, exotic getaways’ and pink champagne on ice.
Yes,I’ve done it all.I have been wooed,wined and dined in style on various Valentine’s with my darling hubs.However the one memory closest to my heart is my first Valentine’s with him many years ago.We were newly weds and I was moving to live with him in the Middle East. Not knowing what to really give him ,I got him a bright Red heart-shaped pillow that had “I Love you”, embroidered in white, and I picked up one for myself as well. He had planned a special home-coming for me too.A table setting for two with a lovely meal all laid out , a dozen red roses, some bubbly and a sweet little note stuck on the Kitchen counter that read “Welcome home Shy”.The simple joys of life that I cherish till this day.
How time flies.You probably think I’m reminiscing on a recent memory.Well it’s been quite some time since that day, as we will celebrate twenty-five magical years of togetherness this December. A special year for both of us indeed.So in keeping with this theme I want each celebration this year to be marked with something exceptional.But naturally Valentine’s day will be a special one for us as well.I plan to go ahead and make up some Chocolate pots as a Valentine’s special.
He’s fond of dark chocolate and raspberries.So will reserve some of that for the garnish.This is fairly easy to make up ahead of time,with simple ingredients of melted chocolate, greek yogurt and sour cream that combine into a bowl of deliciousness.You could create any base for this as such. Crumbled left over cake, graham crackers or perhaps even fresh chopped berries will do just as well.I’ve chosen to go with some coarsely ground walnuts that will add a bit of crunch to this dessert.
Go ahead and whip this up in a jiffy and surprise your loved ones as nothing in the world quite shouts “Romance” as chocolate does.
Happy Valentine’s Day to all you wonderful readers….May your hearts be filled with Love & Happiness always.
This post is dedicated to my darling husband a wonderful person.Ever so loving,kind,patient and above all my best friend…Here’s looking at you JD.
- 100 grams Walnuts (Coarsely Powdered)
- 25 grams unsalted butter (melted)
- 175 grams Milk Chocolate (broken)
- 200 grams Greek Yogurt
- 50 grams caster sugar
- 200 ml sour cream
- fresh raspberries ( for garnish)
- Mix the melted butter and the powdered walnuts and press down firmly at the bottom of each glass cup.
- Place the chocolate in a glass bowl over simmering water and beat till melted well.
- Cream together yogurt and sugar and then add in the sour cream.
- Stern the melted chocolate .
- Chill for at least 4 hours before serving
- Garnish with raspberries and dark and white chocolate leaves.
- If greek yogurt is un available.You may choose to buy regular yogurt and hang it in a muslin cloth to drain all the liquid and use this for this dessert.