All right I may as well admit it.I’m an absolute and out right gadget freak.More specifically a Kitchen gadget freak.Travelling does that some how.An incessent and obsessive need to browse through home and kitchen stores,walk down endless aisles of supermarkets,on the look out for some kitchen gadget or house ware that would make cooking a lot more interesting.That, I do not have any more shelf space is another story all together.Amongst the stuff that I’ve been amassing over the years are hordes of Bakeware, Cookware,Gizmos and various other kitchen memorabilia collected over numerous travels ,making the insides of my pantry resemble a well stocked Kitchen-ware store.No,I’m not complaining,just overjoyed at my stash.After all having the right equipment makes all the difference.
Well I had been keen on buying a Spiralizer for some time now, with every intention of making up some good gluten-free and low carb Zucchini Noodles. However I let the idea pass by until I spotted this Microplane Spiralizer in the kitchen section of El Cortes Inglais on a recent trip to Madrid.I had actually set out looking for a good Paella pan which turned out to be a good buy and decided to complete my mission by getting this gadget as well.
I made this up for lunch yesterday with the lone Zucchini that I had lying around in the refrigerator.It was quite exciting to see thin ribbons of Zucchini come twirling out of this simple and effective gadget.I made up a delicious and easy Zucchini Noodle or Zoodles, with an Asian twist by adding in some chill oil, a dash of soy,crushed peanuts and green onions.So if are a Pasta or Noodle lover like I’m, then this is just about the perfect guilt free lunch idea and a great healthy option too.You do however need to serve this as soon as it’s cooked as the Zucchini tends to get soggy quite easily.
I’m aleady thinking of Raddish,Carrots and perhaps even Beetroots to experiment with this new kitchen aid of mine.I’m quite thrilled at this buy and it’s a great new addition to my every increasing repertoire of quirky and fun tools in my kitchen.
- 2 Medium Zucchini’s
- 1-2 small Green onions (White and Green parts chopped separately)
- 2-3 pods Garlic (chopped finely)
- 1 medium Red bell pepper (sliced finely)
- 5-7 Brocolli florets
- 1/2 Teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1/2 Teaspoon Soya Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon Chili garlic paste (Any Asian Brand
- Handful chopped peanuts
- Wash the Zucchini well and use the Spiralize the Zucchini into ribbons.
- Heat a wok and coat with Sesame oil.
- Add in the white parts of the spring onions and the chopped garlic and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Next add in the Broccoli and stir fry on high heat.
- Season with child flakes,Soya sauce and the chalk garlic paste.
- Add in the sliced red peppers.
- Take the wok off the heat and stir in the Zucchini ribbons.
- Season with salt.
- Garnish with chopped green onion leaves and crushed peanuts
- Serve hot.