Anything is good if it is made with Chocolate…
Chocolate and Peanut butter lovers are in for a treat with these oh so delicious mini truffles.I have been experimenting with a couple of recipes now.The recipe below is one which has been adapted from deliciouslyyum.com. All though ,I have tweeked the recipe and added my own twist by coating them with some crushed peanuts and sprinkles.Die hard chocoholics may even choose to leave them with a smooth chocolate coating.
Well those of you who have been following my blogging journey have probably seen me make these up for a kids at a no bake workshop a couple of years ago.They absolutely love getting their hands messy with chocolate and making up these truffles.The creamy peanut butter interior is perfectly paired with a delicious dark chocolate coating.I also like to use an alternative recipe that uses Cream cheese,Peanut butter and Melted Chocolate.Either ways they turn out great.The summer holidays are upon us,so do go ahead and make these up with your kids.The flavours of Chocolate and peanut butter are sure to evoke some of your best childhood memories.The combination of these contrasting flavours are quite similar to the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup.Now that is probably my son’s childhood favorite treat while growing up in Toronto.
Warning: These are highly addictive and get gobbled up fairly quick.I would strongly recommend making a double batch of these babies…These make a great hamper for occasions and gifting too.I have never been a fan of peanut butter but can quite easily say, have now become a convert.
PS:Stay tuned for a special Blog Anniversary post coming up soon.
- 3 tablespoon butter (unsalted and softened)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Cup Crushed Peanuts/ Sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- 1. In a medium bowl, mix together butter and peanut butter until well combined. Next add in the powdered sugar and mix really well until a smooth dough forms. Form dough into 24 balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Now place the tray in the freezer for about 25 minutes.
- Using a double boiler now melt all the chocolate and keep aside.
- Remove peanut butter balls from the freezer and coat each ball with the melted chocolate. Place into the freezer for 2 minutes.Remove while it is still unset and coat with either the crushed peanuts or coloured sprinkles and keep back in the freezer for 15 minutes.
Recipe adapted from: deliciouslyyum.com